Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tangerine

Some say the rust of leaves

bring you thoughts from afar

be blessed by the weak current of the air

a faint scent to bathe you in disguise



Can I forget where we're grounded on

the identity we baggage along

If I were to pat you after a ten minute gaze

cheekbones, eyebrows, your nose

will you counter with a strike of defense

will you let me in?



To have past and present reconciled

to have love reshaped, and reaffirmed

you came along

as I discovered my attempts

to sense the coarseness of your palms






I love listening to your stories

seeing you as yourself

just sharing the same space with you

when we let the particles vibrate

as they do the talking

when we let the frequencies find its way

to juxtapose, collocate

or to be laid side by side

like our heads



for that

you are my tangerine

one I held dearly in my hands

there's nothing to hide

only to be shone by a pink hue

almost translucent

when I held you my hand






No comments:

Post a Comment