Monday, December 30, 2013

All and That in Between

My love to you is outward

like how I sing you a passionate, Portuguese tune

how I dance and express a self, physically

bold, I showed you some skin,

flesh and bone, maybe

I fuel you with sparks

we peak with our natural resources

just like the sun in the Nordic sky



My love to you is inward

subtle, like the stream

roots carved and engraved

I am the old oak tree

humble and loyal, my presence

and you'd always prefer to sit on the earth where I stand on

read a book, have a nap, or drink a cup of coffee

our resonance sound

as you seek for shelter in the rain

as the moon reflects the light of orange



I feel comfortable

lying in your arms

your touch, so gentle

it reminds me of a song

as you caress



until sun rise

I wake up to the first light of the day

you are no where to be found

but you are here

so close, deep inside




I wonder if there are times

times when you miss

miss the old oak tree







No comments:

Post a Comment