Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Quiet Party

Lemonade in the make

for a serving for two

weather be it gentle or extreme

sun within sight

when our bodies crave to be refreshed


table sheet not chequered but plain white

an antique tea table on the garden

you might want an extra beverage

one with milk foam layered

with a tempting texture

you'll have the spoon placed on the saucer

more coffee desired


have I told you that salmon blends well with mashed eggs

sandwiched with the freshest greens to make our day

we might want some pancakes with maple syrup

I'll like it sweet and floury 

you'll like it cosy, like home


"Excuse me"

I said as I leave the table

I trotted to the bushes to collect twigs

and plucked a berry 

came back and placed them on your palm


We might be spoilt by what's served on the spread

by a condition

you will read and I shall write

until the sun sets

until the moon rises

until we sleep under the stars


No comments:

Post a Comment