Saturday, November 23, 2013

Mid-air

I had the skin soaked with the warmth, sweat

It was never more the right time to remember

How our bodies are bound to connect to our souls

How our inner voice is much churned after an expressive physicality





We have long forgotten how our bodies function

I don't see that in the eyes I locked onto

Sometimes blindness finds us

and reap what's supposed to be innate in within

or maybe it was just me



For I've always imagined myself as a dancer

and made sure my rhythmic pulse engages

my respect for the universe

my thoughts that fly without constrains

and perhaps, my love for you









Out of the green

you stood in the middle of a field of tall grass

you soared with joy

as I caught a glimpse of that



that was all it takes

felt that I was lifted, a grip on my ribcage

I smiled
















No comments:

Post a Comment