Friday, November 22, 2013

90 degrees

I tried to recall your voice

thin, somewhat nasal

a short vocal chord, maybe

I can visualize where your breath travels through the airway

as you speak




I was trapped in that very space

the ground where sins were scarlet, they say

repeatedly, I tried to keep myself sane

my internal self should stand

against all odds

yet I was afraid, timid

I froze




You were at the corner

corner of your comfort

I wondered

how much can beauty mesmerise one's senses

what can you access and retrieve from it

am I part of your collection

of bottles that you'd assemble and eventually

stamp on your sense of existence onto it

I am not beautiful like that

I refuse - but

I am all layered in within




I was reminded this much

triggered by this disparity

left overwhelm - caught off guard

you are my dear

engulfed by the mass

you were alone

a glare and a sharp pain resides



I stood right in front of you

I froze

one eighth of a second





I fled

were you already not there



I fled

shall I take you with me?











No comments:

Post a Comment