Sunday, March 16, 2014

graceful rigor

I wasn't chasing

no, this is not a chasing game

already lopsided, yes, sensible -

but I can not fathom


then an equation formed, a reaction

inside, I was searching

searching for you




A consequence observed

our worlds written to part

sides overlap but never the whole, like egg whites

little things we hear about each other, without the intention

reaching out to you wasn't meant to be going against the odds

I was calling for you

that spurred a life, itself





I will be always left along those

perimeters you marked

cautious,

measuring outcomes



...I won't do you harm

can't you see?



there are no rules to play by

just what the gut says

what the heart says

and there, so much more to find out 

about you, and how you do it

say, how you fly without looking back

or how you like your bed to be made

as simple

can't you see?







No comments:

Post a Comment