Sunday, February 7, 2016

befriend

prelude
I was calling out for you,

some sort of intensity sent through the waves


doesn't matter what I've done

rather what I've been trying hard to keep from releasing

self-conversations dedicated to you

the sorts



then our wavelengths intercepted






verse
to befriend is a goal to box

fact is, I dream being with you day and night

no boundaries, no status

just sharing the space and the present

learning one and two about

your quirks and expression

body language

mind, triple-filtered via thick glasses

the manner you function

     
        my questions to be answered



chorus
much as my thoughts painted vivid

there was hardly a time for it to be conveyed

perhaps it is our shoulder that does the talking, because

it was vibrating through our silence


my flesh and body became a hindrance

   
         that moment

for my physical appearance decided the heart to be squashed

foolishness to sign-up and be declared


and perhaps a brief moment of freedom

speaking poetry under the breath of your disco beats




must have been an unresolved mystery that I wish to chase for

and to save

the clock ticks



verse
only you will be able to receive my flow of thoughts

the proclaimed truth,
not even myself

I shall let go frameworks built for protection

and look for the day where we both can fly high, together

instead









No comments:

Post a Comment